The GO Groups connect and support Gay, Bisexual, Trans, & Questioning men. A diverse mix of activities provides an alternative to bars or on-line hook up sites. GOgroups promote awareness of HIV & STD infections and community needs amongst gay men in a safe, fun, relaxed and non-judgmental space.
GO Portland is the central hub for The GO Groups. In addition to Portland – we cover York County, ecspecially Saco and Ogunquit!! The Go Groups connect and support Gay, Bi, Trans and Questioning MEN through education and community activities.
Group Happenings Include but not limited to: Men’s Group gatherings, movie nights, community events, dinners and outdoor activities…
Get Out connects and supports gay, bisexual & questioning men through educational and community activities. This diverse mix of activities provides alternatives to bars and on-line hook up sites by drawing attention to the rise in HIV & STD infections, and the importance of establishing and maintaining a visible community. It’s a safe and non-judgmental environment for the comfortable exploration of sexual identities.
• Members Shall:
• Be 18 years or older.
• Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while in attendance of GO activities.
• Voice any concerns to the facilitator. Matters will be handled in a timely and confidential fashion.
• Keep judgments about other members to themselves. GO activities are meant to provide a safe and open space for discussion. Issues that arise around harassment and/or inappropriate behavior will be handled on a case to case basis. Respect toward all GO members and our activity space is top priority and expected of all GO members.
• Many of our discussion topics are of sexual nature. Please keep sexual advances outside of group space. This could be in direct conflict with our safe and open space.
• Due to the sexual nature of our discussions disclosure of HIV status may arise GO members are expected to maintain confidentiality around others HIV status.. No GO members are required to disclose their HIV status at any time. This decision remains up to the individual. Discrimination on the basis of HIV status will ultimately be grounds for ejection from all future GO activities.
Noncompliance with any of these guidelines will carry consequences such as ejection from any and all GO groups. While situations are handled on a case to case basis, holding to our mission statement, the guidelines set forth by Frannie Peabody Center, as well as maintaining the safety of all GO members, facilitators and guests remains our highest priority.
Any questions or concerns should be presented to Matthew Robedee (email@example.com), facilitator of the GO Groups. Concerns that extend beyond the immediate GO groups should be sent to Jennifer Putnam (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Prevention and Client Services.